Maintenance & Installation Engineer
The Maintenance and Installation Engineer provides the core engineering capability for Servicom. The role delivers the fundamental engineering activities that support our customers in terms of hardware installation, radio repairs, programming, on-site fault rectification, PMI and "on call" support.
The role requires a proven track record in the telecommunications industry with the ability to navigate circuits and fault find to component level. Servicom has a broad and diverse customer base which on occasions requires our engineers to offer flexibility in working hours to be available to travel to the customer site, be that UK or Overseas.
This role also provides engineering support to fulfil customer projects and in house bespoke builds that supplement or bolt onto Servicom radio systems/applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support activities for all day-to-day aspects to include repairs, fault reporting, fault ownership and rectification in line with customer Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure that faults are escalated to the Service Manager for any occasions where a breach of Service Level may occur.
- Familiarise yourself with all Servicom systems and customer issued devices to ensure the capability to repair and support all systems and products is spread throughout the team.
- Support the Service Manager to adopt new routines and best practice that enable the business growth envisaged by the Directors.
- Provide project support and administration activities as requested by Service Manager and Project Engineer.
- Ensure that ID plans, customer files, code plug configurations are updated with any changes.
- Ensure your own personal bench area is well maintained and tidy.
- Assist the Service Manager to ensure that our workplace remains tidy for all communal areas.
- Undertake a disciplined work ethic in order to deliver right first time.
- Maintain a flexible approach to short notice requests and changes required to maintain project progress or
- Ensure that you adhere to the company’s policy (handbook) with regard to all aspects of your work.
- Self-Development – Advise the Service Manager of any training that you deem relevant to undertake to maintain
and enhance your technical capability.
If you feel you have the skills for this role, please contact Tom Elt on 01527 510800
or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org